This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevation material for Deck Squat

Started by Joseph Carbone, January 3, 2017 · 3 Replies · 112 Views

Joseph Carbone

I plan on beginning the next progression in the SLS, the elevated squat.  I am hoping to receive some suggestion as to what I might use to provide the elevation since I do not belong to a gym.  I do all my workouts at home, either in the garage or in my living room.  In the past I attempted them outside using the steps of my deck to provide assistance.  Given that it is winter, the surface can be unstable due to weather at times, that option is not available until later in the year.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I use any kind of mats and if you don t have enough you can put blankets over the mats.

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Joseph,

You can try using couch cushions or a mattress if you have those things easily available. Like Antonio said, blankets and mats are another good option.

Wayne Smith

I use an aerobics step that my wife bought and never uses lol.  (Don't tell her I said that)