This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 3, 2017 · 3 Replies · 126 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Where do these need improvement? I read that retraction is the key point for row work. My biceps are still screaming by set number 4 (but I was stuck on 3x6 for some time, so the fact that I can manage an entire extra set now means progress is happening even if it's slow). I filmed my 1st and 4th set because my apartment set up is a little wonky to film both my PE and iM seamlessly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bas Albinus

I think you could work on keeping your shoulders more depressed on the pe
It also seems like you're getting a little anterior at the top of the movement, but it's  a bit hard to tell w/o seeing the full body line.
In the long run shoot for neutral neck. All in all not bad at all though!
IM might be better to judge from a back view.

Pauline Taube

Hi Daniel,

Good pointers from Bas. Would be easier to see the whole body line. 'Make sure to not arch the back for the PE and keep ppt. 

Try to keep an apt for the iM and lean backwards. Also when you lean to the side try moving your upper body sideways without twisting your hips :) 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

LOTS of angles...

 

 

 

I bumped this up for my next workout, because as I dropped to 5x9 on pushups to work on PPT, I found the ground rows to be a LOT easier on arms. I'm aware that angles aren't great, but there's not much I can do for that beyond having a cameraman follow my workout. Anyways, I'll keep at APT on the iM, though as I continue to stretch my obliques and lats in revolved forward bends I find that this iM doesn't really hamper me that much.