This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 3, 2017 · 10 Replies · 131 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Pardon the video interruption (my iPad fell over). In any case, the PE element doesn't phase me at all anymore unless I excessively flex my core and squeeze my abs insanely hard (but I don't find that all too necessary). I'm sure that my iM will likely need improvement though I feel strong there too. Insights and advice are appreciated.

 

 

 

 

Bas Albinus

Nice progress. If you can still squeeze a bit harder you might just try and see for how long you can hold that. It will help on the next step for sure. 
On the im make sure to lock your knees and point your toes, just like a gymnast in a beautiful straddle planche. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Daniel,

For the PE make sure to squize your glutes hard, contract your abs and fully protracted. Make sure you lock your knees ( a bit hard to see)

For the iM you will need to perform the exercise much slower. Also legs should remain hip height and legs completely extended. Also point your toes as Bas pointed :) 

Keep it up!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
3 hours ago, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Daniel,

For the PE make sure to squize your glutes hard, contract your abs and fully protracted. Make sure you lock your knees ( a bit hard to see)

For the iM you will need to perform the exercise much slower. Also legs should remain hip height and legs completely extended. Also point your toes as Bas pointed :) 

Keep it up!

 

Ok, but on the iM. I'm going at the pace of the follow-along videos. Seems as though there continues to be discrepancy between that pace and the pace at which iM's are supposed to be performed. Or at least, that seems to be a recurring comment on my form checks. A little misleading, if I do say so. Nevertheless, I will work on a tighter PE and iM, as well as smoothing out my form on the iM.

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Stick with the follow along video's tempo. As you work on improving your form for the iM, feel free to pause the video during that portion so you don't feel rushed. Once you can keep your legs at hip height, try keeping tempo with the follow along.

Suzanna McGee

I always do a slower tempo when I am fine-tuning my technique, so I can feel what I am doing and so I don't need to feel rushed and therefore sloppy… once I have the form, then I can speed it up to the tempo of the follow-along… 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I recall that I followed a similar approach to improve my stiff legged windmills. I should just try to remember that with all of my iMs until they're crisp.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I focused on going at the fastest pace I could while keeping good form and then pausing the video during the iM when necessary. How is it looking? I will continue to record and upload my progress. Cheers.

Bas Albinus

IM looks much better.
On the pe you seem to have a slight bend in your knees.  Like @Pauline Taube said, lock your knees and squeeze your glutes and I'm sure you can get a little more PPT that way. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Nice improvement on form in both. Like was already mentioned, maintain a bit more PPT in the PE. The iM will continue to get smoother. Keep at it. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here's my most recent attempt. Pardon the cameo from the dog I'm watching. I'm curious though about chest and lower ab strain. As I'm doing the iM I feel it really strongly in the lower back and feel intense burning in my chest and lower abs. I don't think that that's to be desired?