This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 3, 2017 · 5 Replies · 78 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

These are coming along. I feel like my limiting factor is my ankles and it frustrates me because I don't feel like deep squats alone will bring about the calf/Achilles stretch necessary to get me into a lower position (whereas elevated deck squats likely would). Anyways, insights on how to improve are appreciated. 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

The iM looks good and the Front Split series will be great or your ankle and achilies. Keep consistent with that series each week and spend as much time as you can in your deepest squat throughout the day. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I've been working on it. Going to add in ankle stretches daily. The deep squat is good, but I've found that it irritates my hips (since I have an ugly splayed out looking squat due to tight achilles/ankles). Will keep at this. 

Bas Albinus

Maybe you can get a little deeper if you hold a small weight out in front of you to stay more upright.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How's this? Specifically the iM.

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Keep at it. Over some more training weeks you will be able to stay more upright in the PE and get your hips lower. The iM is good.