This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Neck Strength

Started by Lee Thomson, January 2, 2017 · 7 Replies · 100 Views

Lee Thomson

Hi

Really enjoying the second week. A particular area of weakness is my neck strength: particularly the range of motion where lying flat on my back I either lift my head or my torso - when stiff I get a little mild pain from time to time.

It's a judo injury from years back (many hours physio on this over the years) which is easily aggravated when my neck it stiff. Are there any exercises which I could work in with my fundamentals routine which would add a little strength and ROM improvement to my neck.  Thanks.

Everett Carroll

Hey Lee,

For this issue, I suggest consulting a chiropractor or sports physio. They will be able to provide safe and individualized information for your specific neck issue. 

Lee Thomson

Thanks - I'll ask my physio for some neck strengthening exercises 

Tanya Hill

Hi Lee, 

I agree with Everett.

Im also a big believer that Movement is key. In most cases the body will heal itself with the right ingredients! The neck is an important part of the spine so definitely give it the care it needs. 

Lee Thomson

Tanya

Thanks for that - just a quick questions. I'll soon be through the Fundamentals course (really enjoying it) and will move straight on to Foundation 1. 

I notice the training schedule is Mon - Core, Wed - Lower Body, Thur - Upper Body.

Would you recommend doing any of these twice a week? 

I'm keen to look at the other courses in the schedule (stretch, handstand and movement) but I want to progress on Foundation 1 for a few weeks first and hopefully if injury free add more to the schedule.

Thanks

Lee

Everett Carroll

Hey Lee,

Glad to hear you have enjoyed Fundamentals so much! I suggest starting off with once per week each for those workouts. Take your time and ease in to other courses when you can! There is no rush to add in a ton of volume to your week. Get comfortable with once per week each, then add in some stretch workouts and skill work if you can.

Luke Searra

Good luck Lee and keep us updated with your progress.

Lee Thomson

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as I progress.

Regards

Lee