This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Facet Joint Syndrome, Spondylothesis, stenosis

Started by Lisa Ehrlich 248630, January 1, 2017 · 2 Replies · 69 Views

Lisa Ehrlich 248630

Hello,

Back in February I had a squat clean with a heavy barbell go all wrong which in return caused my L-4 & L-5 to shift 25 degrees and the facet joints collapse on to each other due to arthritis that I did not know I had. Been through all the physical therapy and chiropractic care I possibly could do. Their recommendations were to continue to strengthen my back, abdomen and continuously mobilize hip flexors, glutes and erectors.

The Ape gives me trouble because when I am that low in the squat position I feel the pain(tolerable level. More of a reminder of the injury) where the facet joints are locked and rotation exercises also give me trouble. 

Since this issue is relatively new and I have finally been able to regain fluidity in movement since the injury I am hoping this course will actually help with my situation but in the back of my mind am wondering if I am hurting myself further although I feel it is very therapeutic and feels like rehab.

Do you have any experience with athletes with this type of injury or does anyone on here have similar  issues?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Lisa in your situation the best solution it is to show your PT the exercise where you are feeling pain and then evaluate the problem. giving suggestion from behind a monitor can be dangerous.

Coach Sommer

Hello Lisa,

My recommendation is to never force range of motion to the point of pain.  Feel free to elevate the hips as much as you like to be pain free.  From this point, we will then begin exploring possible solutions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer