Has anyone put together a series of stretches that are safe to do daily?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Daily stretch routine
Started by Valerie Morwood, January 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 254 Views
It depends on the particular limitations from person to person. since the daily limbering it is focused on the major problem I cannot assume that all the people have the same problem!
over the years I have seen common themes in the average person when it comes to imbalances. internally rotated arms, rounded shoulders and upper back kyphosis, over extended lower back/apt and groin seem to be the most common ones I have encounted the problem is figuring out what is the cause of these issues and addressing that. for example I have 2 different office worker friends that both have serious apt the difference how ever is one has overpowered or tight quads as the main (but not the only) contributor while the other has more issues with their iliopsoas and thigh adductors. so same issue but different focuses when it comes stretching. as well as that tightness could be from weakness as well as a shortened position of muscle. for example your hamstrings and quads could be both tight for different reasons. quads might be overpowered and ina constantly shortened position while your hamstrings are constantly under tension trying to fight the short and powerful quads in which case stretching your hamstrings may not be the best course of action you may in fact want to strengthen them while stretching your quads to simplify a complicated process of correcting imbalance.
anyway the best course of action is find what imbalances you have and what needs fixing then find how to do that then apply it to every day life. any stretch/ exercise is most probably safe to do daily the issue arises when the intensity is too high for the frequency.
Hey Valerie,
The daily limber from Fundamentals is a great place to start with as far as creating a daily stretch routine. Like Alex said, other positions can be put it over time depending on your specific areas that need extra attention.
Thanks for the suggestions. How much of the stretch series can be done daily?
im sure this has been asked before, but I've just started with F1 and stretch series, and I want to make the most of it without overdoing it, and setting myself back. So, I'm looking for ideas from what other people do. I know not everyone is the same and I have to adjust based on my limitations. I definitely the typical issues that were mentioned by Andrew long.
Hi Valerie,
You can pick a couple of stretches from the Stretch courses that focus on areas where you are tight and perform them with less intensity.
As Everett mentioned the daily limber routine from the Fundamentals can also be done daily and as a warmup/cool down after training.