This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it still F7 if spread throughout the day?

Started by Ted Rarrick, December 31, 2016 · 2 Replies · 134 Views

Ted Rarrick

I performed what I hope was my first F7 today. Does it still count if I didn't do it all in one session? Due to scheduling, I had to break it up into a morning and afternoon session.

It felt good to get a good workout today. Dropped off the last family member to the airport yesterday and am looking forward to getting back to consistent workouts!

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Some might say, breaking the seven elements apart into two sessions in one day, counts as an F7 workout... others might say no. 

Coach Sommer stresses the importance of keeping them together for the sake of developing greater a "Work capacity."

If my understanding is correct "work capacity" implies: 1. the ability to continue going despite being tired and under the effects of acute muscle soreness. OR 2. the ability to continue going after the acute muscle soreness has settled down. 

Alessandro Mainente

The first one option it is correct. the ability to work by pushing over the limit of failure time over time tends to improve the ability of the body to recover faster.