This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please evaluate a beginner`s workout

Started by moritz, January 28, 2010 · 3 Replies · 658 Views

moritz

First of all, this is a great forum!

I started about 8 weeks ago with training on rings and I'm addicted to it :)

As I am a beginner, it would help me, if you evaluate my workout.

3 times a week, monday, wednesday, friday.

Monday:

L-sit on rings (Dip postition, thigs in 90° to upper body, 90°in knees) 2x30 sec.

Frogstand3x20 sec.

Dips 4x7

Sitting next to a wall (you lean next to a wall as if you are sitting on a chair, the wall is the chair´s back.I´m sorry, I don´t know the right word for that excercise) 4x60 sec.

Chin ups 4x6

Excercise for Obliiques (again I don`t know how this is called, but I try to explain it: lie with your back on the ground, bend your legs so that they are in a 90° angle to the torso,then touch the ground with your toes while keeping the 90° to the upper body. 4x5

Wednesday:

L-sit on rings (Dip postition, thigs in 90° to upper body, 90°in knees) 2x30 sec.

Tucked Fl, flat back 6x10 sec.

pushups on rings 4x9

sls 3x5

rowing on rings 4x5

knee lifts 4x4

Friday:

L-sit on rings (Dip postition, thigs in 90° to upper body, 90°in knees) 2x30 sec.

tucked Bl

Hspu 4x2 (toes touching the wall)

explosivly jumping as high as you can 4x50

hanging in the false grip 4x 15 sec.

crunches

All excercises are done slowly down, holding for 1 sec, explosivly up, holding for 2 sec.

I structured this workout with the help of articles in this forum. Every workout I start with static skills training,

then a pressing excercise alternated with a leg excercise, then a pulling alternated with a abdominals excercise.

Looking forward to construcitve criticism!

Moritz

moritz

anyone?

Neal Winkler

Pretty decent.

Why only one leg exercises for the week? Also, I would do a pullup variation as opposed to just hanging in a false grip.

moritz

I have a leg excercise every day!

Ok, pullup variations.

What do you mean by decent, the number of excercises or the volume of sets/reps?