My garage gym

Started by David Klausen, December 31, 2016 · 6 Replies · 2,454 Views

David Klausen

Hello.

I'm just sharing some pictures of my garage gym that me and a friend of mine built with practically no cost, to show one of the many ways that things can be done, and maybe give people some ideas. I live in a street in Norway called "Geithusveien" which literally translates to "Goathouse road", so we named it "Gym geithus", becuse we couldn't think of anything better.
https://www.facebook.com/GoathouseGym/
I made this place only with lifting weights in mind in the beginning, but I have later added several features for doing my GB F1/H1/Stretch workouts here as well. I am now wanting to move to a new place so I can make a new gym with more space for GST and movement.

The floor slopes heavily, so we built a flat platform to do most of the training on.
12239591_1717305201821677_43987780045935

12239661_1717337321818465_44269833518345

We made a weight rack from scrap metal profiles that we salvaged.

11225298_1729561643929366_53597837323643

Most of the weight plates and stuff was bought used, and as cheap as possible.

1919240_1732229983662532_409851474618306

When I started doing GST, I realized a pair of stall bars would be useful, so I made a pair.
I drilled holes in a pair of 1*6 boards, and then screwed+glued those boards to the sides of 2*6 boards.
13718716_1814341935451336_46730264965001

Gluing everything together. The stall bars themselves are roughly 42mm diameter.
13692746_1814786775406852_53656928248573

The stall bars were mounted to the wall in the back

13692720_1815080302044166_20426871026834


Diprack. Made from salvaged 2*4.

14595773_1859338117618384_18380527825311

And a thing.
We made the thing for use in conjunction with the stallbars. 
I use it for doing back-raises and things like that. I also do inverted cat on the thing.

13738096_10157235860475078_3311504893760

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leo Trinidad

awesome setup @David Klausen ^_^

Vasyl Havrylyuk

Very nice :D

Suzanna McGee

Amazing!!!!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yo! This is awesome! 

Henning Blom 243536

What a awesome garage gym! Jealous!

Jeffrey Bittner

@David Klausen This looks sweet! Awesome setup!