Hey, I live on the Peninsula and looking for a group/meet up to do workouts together. About to start fundamentals. Willing to meetup in San Francisco if that's more convenient for everyone
anyone know of one or want to start up a group?
jason
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jason Berland, December 30, 2016 · 25 Replies · 1,958 Views
Hey, I live on the Peninsula and looking for a group/meet up to do workouts together. About to start fundamentals. Willing to meetup in San Francisco if that's more convenient for everyone
anyone know of one or want to start up a group?
jason
Hey Jason, I'm interested. I'm pretty early stage, having mostly learned elements of gymnastics through Crossfit.
Interested too, just started Foundations One, also Crossfit background
Hey Irina, me and Bryson had discussed possibly meeting at Acrosports in SF. But we haven't inquired yet into availability and cost. I'll dm you w/ my info to try and connect
I'm very much interested in this. I live in SF, in Nob Hill specifically. I've been doing the Stretch Series for the past few weeks, so still fairly new to all of this.
On 2/8/2017 at 5:41 PM, Matt Johnson said:I'm very much interested in this. I live in SF, in Nob Hill specifically. I've been doing the Stretch Series for the past few weeks, so still fairly new to all of this.
Hey Matt,
I've been trying to organize something. I live in Foster City (on Peninsula about 30 min from SF). You want to DM me your info so we can connect offline?
Hello,
Super interested in a meet-up as well. I am on the peninsula and can meet pretty much anywhere. Have we nailed down a place and time?
-Jeff
Hey Jeff,
we haven't nailed down a time/place. Put out the "bat signal" several times and haven't heard anything back
But I'm close to you in Foster City. I propose, at least initially, meeting at my building's gym/ yoga studio. It's free, clean, less than a year old and the studio can hold up to 4 people. I workout in the morning and it's usually empty.
If you're interested you can DM me here
- Jason
Hi, I'm in San Carlos and looking to get started with the Fundamentals course. Total noob to this. Are there any Gyms locally that cater to this program?
7 hours ago, Fred Myers said:Hi, I'm in San Carlos and looking to get started with the Fundamentals course. Total noob to this. Are there any Gyms locally that cater to this program?
Hey Fred no local gyms that i know of unfortunately. I tried working out with a fellow GSTer in Foster City but schedules didn't work out
Thanks Jason. Too bad, it's tough to tackle some of this without another person since so much is focused on form.
Hello, I live in Lafayette, CA, next to Walnut Creek. I belong to Forma Gym in Walnut Creek. Anyone working on Gymnastic Bodies programs in the area?
Let me know if you are. Thanks, Laura
Hello Laura,
I am located in Fremont and will love a training partner. Perhaps we could meet half way if you are up for it?
Hi Jeffrey,
Looks like Pleasanton is a midway point. Maybe a crossfit gym would work if they have drop ins? Would you be willing to drive to Walnut Creek? We could work out at Forma gym, they have everything.
I was in FC for a while. Drop me a line.
Hi Avi,
Where are you working out now? I go to Forma Gym in Walnut Creek but they have another location in San Jose.
Hey Bay Area GST community
Would love to join Bay Area GST meetup as well. I'm also a beginner. -> carolyn.liou90@gmail.com
Anyone training in Pleasanton or nearby?
Hey ppl. Just popping in to say I take some classes at Acrosports in SF that are similar to GB/gymnastics and have been super helpful.
On 11/9/2017 at 7:40 PM, Laura Lyman said:Hello, I live in Lafayette, CA, next to Walnut Creek. I belong to Forma Gym in Walnut Creek. Anyone working on Gymnastic Bodies programs in the area?
Let me know if you are. Thanks, Laura
Hi Laura! I'm brand new - it being my first week doing the program. I'm in Pleasant Hill. Are you training with the program at Forma? I have a small fitness/massage studio that I'm doing the programming at. Glad I stumbled upon your post!
So does Forma Gym or Pleasant Hill have GST style classes ? Or you guys doing this on your own ?
Hi! Yes, I do kind of a hybrid type of workout. What is the little studio you go to? If you want to check out Forma Gym in Walnut Creek - you could be a guest- let me know...Laura Lyman
Hi Jason, Forma gym does not offer Gymnastic style classes but there are a few members doing the programs on their own. The gym has rings, stall bars etc.
Somebody in the area said they found a coach in San Francisco who will put together a class for those interested. This class was supposed to start at the end of the month. I guess you are no longer in the bay area?
On 1/25/2018 at 8:41 PM, Laura Lyman said:Hi! Yes, I do kind of a hybrid type of workout. What is the little studio you go to? If you want to check out Forma Gym in Walnut Creek - you could be a guest- let me know...Laura Lyman
Laura, that would be great! I would like that. The small studio is mine. I just ordered stall bars as well as other equipment that my husband and our friend who is a GC will be installing asap. What days/times do you typically workout at Forma?
Can you email me? My email is: Thelymans@att.net. We can arrange a time that might work for you...Thanks, Laura