This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to know when failed integrated mobility

Started by Justin Joseph, December 30, 2016 · 2 Replies · 155 Views

Justin Joseph

Hi all,

Just started the Foundation One course yesterday coming from a calisthenics background with some weight lifting (one goal is to increase mobility / flexibility) but definitely felt some weakness when doing the Stiff Leg Windmill mobility exercise! My question is this:

After completing the workout how should I judge whether I have passed or failed on the mobility part? I completed the sets / reps with what I think was decent form on first try, able to touch the floor with legs locked out but not reach through legs as suggested in the technique video. Would this be deemed as a pass or fail?

I aired on the side of caution and selected failed mobility as i don't want to cheat myself and just looking for some general guildelines on deciding whether I passed or failed the integrated mobility.

Thanks

Tanya Hill

Hi Justin, 

Welcome aboard the GymnasticBodies community. 

One rule of thumb when training is if it was at all difficult of you felt weakness in the exercise click the 'Fine' smiley face to repeat the exercise until you comfortably feel it was easy. 

It never hurts to repeat and refine. Definitely post a video for us to see and we can assist you further. 

 

Suzanna McGee

I came also with a kettlebell background and was able to do the windmill quite easily. However, I never before rotated my top arm like it is in the exercise video, so I took a few sessions to fine-tune my windmill so it would look like this GST-style one. You can either "fail" your mobility, or pass it while clicking on "fine" in the PE. That will keep you on the same step for the next one. I think it is good to spend at least a few sessions to make it perfect to the GST standards, even if you feel pretty good about it otherwise. Post a video, then you will definitely know :)