This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE6 form check

Started by Jonas Winback, December 28, 2016 · 8 Replies · 142 Views

Jonas Winback

Hello,

Here is my sPL/PE6. I've been sort of going back and forth on this one, because I thought I had mastered it but then regressed some, never quite made it to the next progression (the bouncing ones), and unsure if my form is good or bad. I think I'm lacking some hollow body form there? Also, should the feet be fully plantar flexed or is it alright to have the toes pointed downward like that? I'd be grateful for some feedback :) 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Jonas,

It may be best to work on these corrections in the ground planche lean:

-You do need more PPT.

-It is best to be plantar flexed. I find it helps me lean further and keep better overall tension through my legs and glutes.

Jonas Winback

Alright, thanks Everett. I'll take a step back and see how my regular planche lean form is, with your corrections. I tried to flex my glutes as hard as possible there tbh, but I don't think I actively tried to flex the rest of my legs as much. I'll be back with another video at some point :)

A question there though. When it comes to the forward lean in the normal planche lean exercise, should I try to lean forward literally as much as possible to the point where I almost feel like I could lift my feet?

Jonas Winback

Hello!

I'm posting a couple of regular planche leans in this thread. I am unsure exactly how much protraction there should be? If I move forward as much as I possibly can it seems that my scapula wants to wing a bit no matter what. The first pic is with less lean than the second. Which one should I strive for? Is the degree of protruded scapula bad form here?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqBqE6Jk-3y1jW02yZ-UvAkbSwyP

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqBqE6Jk-3y1jW7aBt4s881hXYJZ

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Jonas,

You want more protraction for sure. It is not worth working a deeper lean if you can't maintain protraction. Please post some videos of your greatest protraction in double and single arm planks so we have a reference point.

Jonas Winback

Alright, thanks! I'll do that at my next workout :)

Jonas Winback

Hi again,

Here's my 60s plank and 30s single arm plank.

 

Everett Carroll

Those look good to me Jonas. Focus on the advice I have above for your planche lean training. 

Jonas Winback

Thanks for the input Everett! I'll do my best not to sacrifice form for a greater lean, and stick to regular planche leans until that part is completely mastered.