This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5 (Hollow body hold)

Started by Petri Widsten, December 28, 2016 · 11 Replies · 211 Views

Petri Widsten

Am I hollow enough?

20161228_144330_27238.jpg

 

Dmitriy Ivanov

Try not to tuck your chin in so much! 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Petri Widsten,

Make sure you lock those elbows. Yes as Dmitriy said, do not tuck your chin so much.

Petri Widsten

Thanks guys!

Petri Widsten

Does this look better?

20161229_111850_33402.jpg

Bas Albinus

Looks better regarding elbows and chin. Good job!
In the previous picture the level between hands and feet looks a bit better though, like you have a stronger ppt, thighs a little more off the floor. 

Everett Carroll

Nice improvements Petri! Try extending your body even more by shrugging your shoulders up by your ears. Otherwise, looks good to me. 

Petri Widsten

Thanks Bas and Everett - I know what shape to look for now. Time to build up some volume.

Leo Trinidad

good job @Petri Widsten 

Chris H
On 2016/12/28 at 5:27 PM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Petri Widsten,

Make sure you lock those elbows. Yes as Dmitriy said, do not tuck your chin so much.

 

On 2016/12/28 at 2:07 PM, Dmitriy Ivanov said:

Try not to tuck your chin in so much! 

What is the problem of tucking the chin? I feel tired in my neck when I am doing the last set, sometime I tuck my chin to fight tireness

Chris H
On 2016/12/29 at 9:36 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Nice improvements Petri! Try extending your body even more by shrugging your shoulders up by your ears. Otherwise, looks good to me. 

Why shrug shoulder up? Can you explain further please?

Alessandro Mainente

the mastery requires full lever, also the full hollowbody emulate the handstand position where shoulders are elevated.

if you curl the neck you are overtraining the neck flexion muscle which has nothing to do with abs which flex the sternum on the pelvis.