This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quick oats vs instant oatmeal

Started by Josh Earl, December 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 94 Views

Josh Earl

Hey @Jeff Serven, I know you are not a fan of instant oatmeal. Not sure why--preservatives maybe?

What about non-instant "quick" oats?

Specifically these: McCANN'S Irish Oatmeal, Quick Cooking Rolled Oats, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E5E3S0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KDVyyb31HHQQX

What say you--OK, or "go grab my Glock"?

 

Julia Quigley
4 hours ago, Josh Earl said:

What say you--OK, or "go grab my Glock"?

 

:lol:

Josh Earl

Had some of this stuff yesterday and it's pretty tasty.

I did learn not to fill a bowl 2/3rds full with dry oats and water and then nuke it for 4 minutes in the microwave... :)

Jeff Serven

oats aren't too bad its the customary time of day that Im not as much a fan of. I like the slow cooked gluten free version. 

Julia Quigley

Ooooooh yeah. Nothing like coming home from a long day of work/training to a crockpot of warm creamy oats. So comforting.