Planche problems

Started by webby, January 26, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,457 Views

webby

I seem to be going backwards with my planche progress. I could hold a good tuck planche around a month ago, but now whenever i attempt it i cant keep my arms straight and struggle to hold it for any time. The rest of my training seems to be improving steadily, but my planche is getting worse. I have been succesfully doing psuedo planche pressups and planche holds with my feet raised, and have seen some improvement in that area. Would i be better stripping my planche right back down to the basics and working through the progressions with straight arms, or continuing with the press ups and holds to improve shoulder strength. Im thinking shoulder fatigue might be a problem. Please help im stuck

Razz

Did you change the position of planche in your workout? Otherwise if planche is the only thing that's regressing you may have to go back one progression and work with straight arms of course.

webby

When you say did i change the position of the planche in my workout, do you mean at what point in my workout do i train planche? I have been trying to keep to a regular programme but i often change the position of the exercises around within the programme to keep my muscles guessing. I think you could be right i might have to take a step back

Neal Winkler

If you change the position of your exercises then that could make a difference. For example, if exercises you were doing later in the session are moved up front and the ones in the beginning are moved back, then the ones that were in back may get stronger while the ones that were front may get weaker. The reason is that the exercises in back can suffer from fatigue from the first exercises.

webby

Yes thats a fair point, but lately i have been aware of the problem and have been trying the planche at the start of the training sesh and in the middle and getting the same results. I think that it might be a combination of muscle fatigue due to the other exercises, and muscle soreness due the shoulder muscles growing ( i hope).