Just started on SL/PE2 today. Can I get some feedback on these:
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Josh Earl, December 27, 2016 · 14 Replies · 192 Views
Just started on SL/PE2 today. Can I get some feedback on these:
Hi Josh,
You're off to a good start. On your PE you are picking up a small amount of pike in the hips. Remember to squeeze your gluts and press your hips forward slightly to help maintain PPT.
On your iM you are also looking pretty good. I would like to see a bit more ROM as you bend backwards during this movement. Also, remember to keep the knees straight.
Keep working hard!
That's helpful, @Jeffrey Bittner!
The iM feels really awkward still. Definitely struggling to keep knees locked, and I'm getting some grinding in my lumbar spine when bending backwards. TB should help with that though.
@Jeffrey Bittner Still plugging away on these:
And wow, I was a lot chubbier before @Jeff Serven and Thrive. ![]()
Could I get some feedback on these please? ![]()
Still feel really awkward although I can see improvement.
@Jeffrey Bittner How am I progressing on these:
Hey Josh,
You are doing a much better job of keeping PPT as you do this exercise, however, you are rotating the hips too much. Work on keeping your hips still while only using the rotation of your torso to get your elbow to the ground.
You're headed in the right direction, keep at it!
9 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Josh,
You are doing a much better job of keeping PPT as you do this exercise, however, you are rotating the hips too much. Work on keeping your hips still while only using the rotation of your torso to get your elbow to the ground.
You're headed in the right direction, keep at it!
Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner. I had a feeling you'd say that. ![]()
Preventing my hips from rotating is a real struggle. If I don't rotate my hips, I can't get my elbow much lower than shoulder level—about 9-12" from the ground.
Is this a mobility restriction? Is there a good iM (maybe from later in F1) that I could throw into the mix to speed my progress along?
Great question, Josh. You are welcome to get a jump on the iMs for PE3 and 4 to help stretch out the obliques.
40 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Great question, Josh. You are welcome to get a jump on the iMs for PE3 and 4 to help stretch out the obliques.
Ah yes, those look like just the ticket.
Thanks!
Always happy to help, Josh! I'm looking forward to seeing your improvement in your next video!
Tried out SL/PE3>iM today (bouncing twists), and this is definitely a huge limiting factor. I can barely rotate my trunk 45 degrees in either direction.
Lots of work to do here.
Continuing to work on these. Am I ready to move on @Jeffrey Bittner?
Hi @Josh Earl,
You can keep this as your warmup and refine it while working on the next PE. ![]()
1 minute ago, Leo Trinidad said:Hi @Josh Earl,
You can keep this as your warmup and refine it while working on the next PE.
Woot! Thanks @Leo Trinidad! The actual strength component of these isn’t challenging anymore, I just need to improve my trap mobility to reduce the hip rotation. I will definitely keep them in my warmup!