This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on order of exercises

Started by Michail Michailidis, December 26, 2016 · 6 Replies · 224 Views

Michail Michailidis

Merry Christmas to all in the forum...Wishing you all the best.

I have a question about the order of exercises. And would like the opinion o people based on their experience.

Before the change in the course interface the order of the exercises was like this:

FL, sPL, HBP, RC

now for the upper body is like: HBP, RC, sPL.

Does this sequence leads to faster progress?

I am asking because doing straddle planche before hollow back press progression seems to make you tired for the Hollow back press. However HBP before Straddle Planche will also make straddle planche harder in my opinion which is more technical in execution.

I would like to hear others opinions. Which do you think is the best way to progress? 

Everett Carroll

Hey Michail,

Stick with how they are scheduled now. In the end, once you have mastered F4, it will all even out anyway. Those movements will become the base for your warmup each day and the order will be irrelevant. I think it is good to get used to working your shoulder girdle hard with sPL and HBP trained close together. I am having success with it!

Michail Michailidis

Everett I do not plan to change working sPL and HBP together. I have been always doing this for ever. However what I have seen is that since I started really improving planche leans (the amount of lean - protraction and depression) I realized that pushups were stalled for a really really long time due to the fatigue in the shoulder gridle caused by sPL elements. So I was thinking that this change in order was done for faster progression. So if I test the new order of the exercises:  HBP, RC, sPL with Rope climb after HBP and before sPL will lead to faster results.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Michail Michailidis

If you ask me, it doesn't really stall the other element but exposes your imbalances and when this happens it is best to adjust your progressions accordingly. Sticking to the schedule and making the proper adjustments yields better results.

Michail Michailidis

Therefore Leo it would be good to put HBP first in the upper body day before RC and HBP in order to fix that.

Coach Sommer

Hello Michail,
 

If you are adjusting exercise order, then you are not following the instructors in the workout videos.  Modeling your execution, tempo and range of motion after that demonstrated by the instructors is FAR more important at this stage of your development.

Later in your training (actually much later!) as you become more advanced you may adjust exercise order.  For now however it is important to focus on first things first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Michail Michailidis

Ok Coach...Thanks a lot for the help...