This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting with F1.. What to do with my straddle FL and adv tuck Planche?

Started by Tommaso Podda, December 25, 2016 · 3 Replies · 133 Views

Tommaso Podda

Hello!

I'm new here, it's a pleasure to join GB community. Well..I purchased the stretch series a couple months back, and now I'm about to get started with Foundation one. I am familiar with weightlifting, bodyweight training, martial arts, and speaking of GST (yeah I know I can't yet) until now I was working on straddle FL and ADV tuck planche, I've been taking it easy, trying to do things well, good form, without rushing. My simple question is: since I won't find any of those progressions in F1, what should I do with them?

On one hand I would like to do things how they're suppose to be done, on the other hand wouldn't be a waste of time not progressing? (obviously if I don't need exercises for FL and Planche in F1). Just want to take my training seriously. Thank you so much. Have a great day everyone.

Tom

Everett Carroll

Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for reaching out! Continue with your Foundation One training right now and be sure to master everything with the form demonstrated in the exercise videos. To ensure your form is adequate, submit a form check video or video review. Those services are complimentary and can save months of headache. You can certainly play with more advanced movements after your F1 training is complete but limit it to only 5-10 minutes. It is important to progress patiently and focus most of your energy on the current progression and its mobility. Be sure to use the follow along videos as well to make sure your tempo is correct. 

If you follow this advice, when you get to later progressions like advanced tuck planche, you will be properly prepared to not only do them, but do them perfectly, use them to build work capacity, and master them. 

I hope this clears things up!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Tommaso, As stated from Everett submit a video first, then if it is ok you can maintain them at the end of the workout BUT your first primarily goal should be the Foundations workout.

Tommaso Podda

Hello again,

Got it! Crystal clear. So I'll focus primarily on F1, and yes maybe I'll post a couple of videos to let you check my form. Thank you for your responses!