This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Recovery

Started by Benjamin Wright, December 25, 2016 · 4 Replies · 156 Views

Benjamin Wright

Merry Christmas forum,

Hope you are having a great day and still sticking to your regimen. Anyway,i was wondering how your muscles should be feeling to stretching in general. For example SE13 of TB (The Capsule stretch) is leaving me a day after with an unusually sore feeling which was initially worrying as i had injured my traps before attempting the human flag 8 months prior - which has just recently recovered. Regardless, the sensation is not painful or injury-like just annoying. Any suggestions guys? 

Regards,

Benjamin

Everett Carroll

Great question Benjamin.

This sounds to me like your intensity is too high so I suggest reducing how hard you're stretching. You don't want to be so sore after a stretch series that you are becoming worried of re-injury. The degree of soreness you are describing sounds like it could impact your next training session. You want to avoid negatively affecting your consistency. On your next stretch session, reduce the intensity of all the stretches and see if that makes a difference. 

Merry Christmas!

Everett

Alessandro Mainente

Also Benjamin my suggestion it is to schedule your stretch session so that they cannot affect too much the next session. one example it is too put the TB in the last day of training, so that you can push a bit more but you have an entire weekend to recover.

Jon Douglas

Echo Ale's comment. I did TB the evening before Monday HSPU a few times; not a good combo :(

Alessandro Mainente
4 minutes ago, Jon Douglas said:

Echo Ale's comment. I did TB the evening before Monday HSPU a few times; not a good combo :(

Also as a general experience when I perform the TB on wedn and I'll have handstand workout on thurs I tend to be a bit sore in the shoulder and this can affect the HS mobility exercise.