Hello to all,
Recently I havee been pairing Upper with HS on the same day....
On some workouts I may do first Upper and then HS1/2 and it does not feel bad.
Is there a proper sequence?
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Costas Karakatsanis, December 24, 2016 · 7 Replies · 228 Views
Hello to all,
Recently I havee been pairing Upper with HS on the same day....
On some workouts I may do first Upper and then HS1/2 and it does not feel bad.
Is there a proper sequence?
Thanks
AFAIK , generally speaking, it is recommended to perform skill work first followed by strength and conditioning.
Depending where you are in the HS course it may mostly be mobility work and not so much emphasis on balance, in which case, it's okay to do it the other way around IMO.
Really though, if something feels good to you, that's what really matters ![]()
1 hour ago, Maksis Riley said:AFAIK , generally speaking, it is recommended to perform skill work first followed by strength and conditioning.
Depending where you are in the HS course it may mostly be mobility work and not so much emphasis on balance, in which case, it's okay to do it the other way around IMO.
Really though, if something feels good to you, that's what really matters
Thanks for the reply!
I am at HS PE7... not so much skill anyway.
Many times I do the conditioning in the beginning when the progression is not so straining. In between I have approx. a 5min break. It is functioning almost as a warm up.
Hey Costas,
I agree with wht Maksis suggested. If you are training UB and HS on the same day, then I suggest you perform UB first and then your skill workout after.
I prefer handstand in a separate days, especially if you are doing the later free hs elements. doing the upper body first can leads to techcnical error due to fatigue. work with fresh brain it is the best idea.
10 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:I prefer handstand in a separate days, especially if you are doing the later free hs elements. doing the upper body first can leads to techcnical error due to fatigue. work with fresh brain it is the best idea.
You do HS on its own? or with core/lower body...
I am doing HS after Upper body like that just to fit strech series after core/lower....
I am doing the 5 day split...
I do my H1/H2 on its own, twice a week. (Then F7 twice a week, and stretches on separate days, sort of like a "day off"). I am also on PE7 and just lately added some stretches from TBS before my handstand, just so I can have my shoulders nicely stretched and mobile, and hopefully do a technically good handstand because of that. It works great.
Yes definitely with core/legs.