This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sore Achilles

Started by Matthew Stallard, December 22, 2016 · 1 Replies · 64 Views

Matthew Stallard

Hey Guys

I jumped right into the stretch series and after week two have over stretched my achilles experiencing pain and stiffness for a week now (at its worst in the morning).  Once the pain completely goes away, how long should I wait there after to reduce the risk of a second injury?  

Everett Carroll

Hey Matthew,

Sorry to hear your achilles is bothering you. I strongly suggest consulting a medical professional (sports physio, chiro, etc.) as soon as you can. They will be able to provide you with specific precautions and help you recover safely. Remember that during your stretch sessions, you never want to push yourself too hard. I always suggest keeping effort level around a 3 or 4 out of 10.