This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Smilie Definitions?

Started by Christopher Woodall, December 22, 2016 · 4 Replies · 143 Views

Christopher Woodall

Hello,

Could someone please point me in the direction of the definitions of the smilies. I haven't found one yet but I'm sure there will be one somewhere.

Currently I am using these definitions to determine which smiley to use

Too Easy: - Workout was not challenging, I could have done at least another 20 % extra in terms of reps or time without too much discomfort.

Easy:- I completed the prescribed workout in time with the video with good form. I could have possibly do 2-5 % more without compromising form or technique.

Fine:- I completed the prescribed workout with  good form  but the last few seconds or reps  of the final set were difficult and often accompanied with shaking or some loss of form .

Too hard:- I failed to compete one or more of the sets with good form.

Does this sound correct? I find deciding whether something was easy or fine the most difficult, but I'm not sure then I still with fine.

Chris

. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Chris,

Sounds like you've got it. Those definitions will result in honest progress. 

Christopher Woodall

great, 

thanks very much.

chris

Jessica Webber

My question seems related enough to tag on to this thread.  I went up a step on scapular shrugs.  I was able to keep up, albeit with bad form on the last set.  So I marked it fine.  The last two times I did upper body work I couldn't complete the last set.  Am I better off to mark it too hard and go back a step when this happens?  My thinking was to use a "three strikes & your out" approach, since there are going to be mornings where I don't feel so good or didn't sleep so well.  If once or twice I can't complete the reps, keep at it.  If three times I can't complete the reps, back it up.  Sound ok?

 

Everett Carroll
6 hours ago, Jessica Webber said:

The last two times I did upper body work I couldn't complete the last set.  Am I better off to mark it too hard and go back a step when this happens?

I suggest the 'Too Hard' smiley for this situation, yes. Failure to complete a set means it was too difficult. Any time you fail a set it was too hard.