This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2

Started by James Hill, December 21, 2016 · 5 Replies · 90 Views

James Hill

step 9 5x15r

Apologies for the plethora of form checks today; coming back to GB after a break following a few injuries and a busy schedule. I had a shoulder impingement/bursitis in left shoulder but more recently and more relevantly for this PE a dislocation of my left kneecap 3 weeks ago doing jujitsu. MRI shows a possible partial tear of the ACL and am having physio as well to build this back up.

Limiting factor here is the iM, I struggle with straddle mobility/tight adductors in general and am using the Middle Split series to work on this, though not recently due to the damage to my knee.

I would appreciate your feedback on what I should focus on, especially with the iM which I feel may take some time to fix.

 

Jon Douglas

Nice animal sideshow :D

Little too much twisting going on in this im. Keep both sides of your butt down as much as possible to concentrate the pull in the medial glutes :)

Squats are fine 

James Hill

thanks Jon, I will work on it. I was surprised to see how much I was twisting when I saw the video, definitely a perception-reality gap.

Jon Douglas
36 minutes ago, James Hill said:

thanks Jon, I will work on it. I was surprised to see how much I was twisting when I saw the video, definitely a perception-reality gap.

Easy to do. Often it can be fixed next session just being aware of it. Even if it's just a positioning thing, learning the difference will help later in hitting the right angle to create a nice looking planche vs a bleh one.

Suzanna McGee

Aw, the doggie is adorable… thinking "daddy is not as good on lifting that hind leg as I am"  :-) 

James Hill

Yes, only helping to add confusion to the dog's sense of identity...