This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip clicking/catching

Started by Jeremy Mack, December 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 138 Views

Jeremy Mack

In the Middle stretch series, in the supine flairs, When I attempt to do a large circle going through middle split, my hips catch and cause pain until it releases. In order to get it not to catch, I have to keep it at an extremely small angle - I can go out wide into a 'split' but when one leg is up, and the other should end close to the floor, I have to keep mine within about a 20 degree angle, otherwise I get the catch in my hips. I end up doing a very long and narrow Oval. Any suggestions on how to work with this, or what might be going on. Thanks!

Just FYI... I'm about 2 months into the stretch series. 37 y.o. Female. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jeremy, what's happen if you try to do the movement one leg at time?

Jeremy Mack

It still catches at the bottom. I can make it about 85% of the way from the top to the 'bottom' of the arc, and it catches and pops or releases. 

Alessandro Mainente

At his point I suggest you to check the opinion of a physio for sure. let him know the sensation and show him/her the movement.

Jeremy Mack

Thanks, Alessandro. I appreciate your help