This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1/iM Form Check

Started by Kim Haag, December 20, 2016 · 15 Replies · 128 Views

Kim Haag

Hello,

my first time here to get my form checked. I just started...

What do you say, could I move on to the next exercise and mobility drill?

PE1    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7RT0a4jFoD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PE1>iM     <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bIJRR7Mwmz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

Thanks 

Everett Carroll

Hey Kim,

Not quite yet.

For the PE, move your head and hands slightly closer together (.5-1cm). 

For the iM, use a shoulder width grip. Also focus on elevating your shoulders strongly. Before leaning forward, pinch your ears between your shoulders.

Kim Haag

Hey Everett,

thanks for your immediate reply and feedback!

Just to make sure I get the point, you mean that the elbow joint forms a 90° angle and hands shoulder width apart?

Will work to improve both movements!

 

P.S. like the way this works, prompt feedback on exercises I always thought I have a proper execution!

Great thanks again

Alessandro Mainente

Exactly.

Kim Haag

Would appreciate further feedback 

PE1 + iM

One more question came to my mind. For the FKP/PE1 I need 90° doriflex before I can move on to the FKP/PE2? If so what is with the WP+WR+FTP should I keep on working on the PE1 for all of them? (think about recording it and post it next time...)

Everett Carroll

Hi Kim,

The PE looks good. Just be sure to point your toes.

Use a narrower grip for the iM. Nice job on your forward lean!

Everett Carroll

You can submit videos of your wrist strength exercises to this thread. That is the best way for us to help you with form and approve mastery.

Kim Haag

Another request to check my form

PE1+iM

Everett Carroll

Hey Kim,

Nice job keeping up on these form checks!

For the Tripod, pull your elbows in closer together. I feel most comfortable when my elbows are roughly in line with my shoulders. Also, try adjusting your head slightly so that your contacting the mat with the top of your forehead. See the exercise video for a visual. 

For the iM, be sure to totally lock your elbows and elevate your shoulders before leaning forward. To begin, just shrug and lock out as much as possbile. Then lean forward as much as you can, maintining that fully extended arm position. 

Kim Haag

 

Thanks 

Everett Carroll

Not yet Kim. Hang in there and keep working on your form and mobility. Try implementing what I suggested above and then repost form check videos. 

Improving your range of motion can be a slow process but keep at it and it will pay off in the end. 

Kim Haag

Hey Everett,

thanks for your comments! Will keep on work and implement your suggestions!

Merry X-mas 

Everett Carroll

No problem Kim. Happy holidays!

Kim Haag

Another FormCheck - Worked on this iM for the last couple days consistently and tried to integrate the previous feedbacks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n9OAQRo70Cw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video

Everett Carroll

Hey Kim,

Nice job. Looks great now. 

Kim Haag

Thanks Everett

Happy New Years! :)