I want to be able to initiate a skin the cat from a straight hang in eagle grip (and eventually be able to do a shoulder dislocate with full body weight). I did the initiation this way once when I was in a park in the middle of the summer. It was a hot day, and shoulders were properly warmed up and the it felt smooth. Later I tried to replicate it several times at the gym, my shoulders felt tight (even after warm up, not sure if it's bc the AC blowing at the gym) in the eagle grip and I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Will bar kip swings in eagle grip help open up the shoulder range? I tried it today, and it didn't feel bad to me. I do undergrip bar dislocates regularly, just not with any high weight yet. Should I first focus on that and reach to a certain weight before thinking about swinging in eagle grip?
Bar kip swings in eagle grip
Started by Jin Liu, December 19, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,783 Views
No swing element must be performed in the early stage of GST, I highly recommend to complete foundation 4 and all the weighted bar mobility of handstand 1.