This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Bridge Hip Taps Issues

Started by Suzanna McGee, December 19, 2016 · 2 Replies · 89 Views

Suzanna McGee

Finally I am at the stage that I can be in the elevated bridge :) (getting into it with the help of a rubber band, still… but i am in it!).

I can do 60 seconds hold. And I can now do 10 push-ups, quite deep. 

I tried for the hip taps today for the first time today. I can do them without problems when supporting myself on my left arm. When supporting on my right, I feel instability/weakness. Sort of like I cannot hold my body weight on it.  (I feel the same when I was trying for the handstand wall runs).  Right arm is my stronger arm otherwise (in hanging for example). But supporting weight on it when overhead, it feels very unstable/weak. 

Why could this be and what could I do to even them out? I suspect some kind of tightness in the shoulder girdle maybe, but what? 

(the capsule stretch feels the same on both sides, cats also). 

Any ideas, coaches? 

@Alessandro Mainente?

Alessandro Mainente

I have the same sensation on my left one, where anterior capsule it is more restricted. try to do a set of the elevated cat only with the weak arm prior to the exercise where you have to support on one arm. generally in this case I prefer also to begin the process by leaning on the weak side and with time let the body to adapt to the new effort.

Suzanna McGee

Great, @Alessandro Mainente, thank you. I will do! I'll keep you posted :)