This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Prep Day

Started by Travis Joseph, December 19, 2016 · 4 Replies · 101 Views

Travis Joseph

Just sharing some of the stuff I'm doing for prep day and I want to see want to see what others are doing too. So please post!

This is what I'm up to this week, I mix it up and go with fruits and vegetables that are in season and local, and if I'm lucky I get some wild game from hunters I know. I prep 5 days and always have leftovers one or two nights a week. For me Sunday is prep day.

I toss potatoes and butternut squash in olive oil salt and pepper and roast.  Grill up a whole chicken. Cut up oranges, and carrots and cherry tomatoes that I toss with spinach olive oil and lemon. I also hard boil a bunch of eggs from my friends chickens and I'll eat those with some homemade jerky or smoked salmon for breakfast

The chicken marinade and baste is

1 cup cider vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 egg, 1 1/2 tbsp salt, 1 tsp pepper

 

IMG_2701.PNGIMG_2695.JPGIMG_2697.JPG

Everett Carroll

Looks like good stuff Travis!

Leo Trinidad

awesome stuff man :)

Matic Balantic

Nice! What veggies do you have for dinner? Lately I have been eating a lot of cabbage salad for lunch, along with eggs or chicken and rice. Sometimes when I don't feel like cooking I have a banana or two instead of rice.

I usually tried to make my meals taste good, but lately I don't feel like cooking. Just go with the easiest variation. For potatoes I usually bulk cook it and then just peal and roast it a little on some butter before lunch/dinner. Don't like all the peeling, slicing and dicing :P

Julia Quigley

I'm right there with you guys. For years I cooked 5 dinners week and ate leftovers for lunch, but it's too much to keep up with given my schedule. 

Now I eat super easy breakfasts (yogurt, bacon and coffee with cream, eggs, etc.) and my dinners/lunches are super simplified. I plan one lunch for the work week and one dinner for the work week. I prepare the lunch on Sunday and cook the dinners on Monday. 

For example, this week's lunch is a kale/mint/peanut salad with roast turkey/cream cheese roll ups and a side of mashed sweet potatoes. 

And dinner this week is a roasted cauliflower cheddar soup with chicken and rice.  

And I always play the weekends by ear--a little eating out, a little home cooking, a little indulging ;)