This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seal

Started by Jessica Webber, December 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 122 Views

Jessica Webber

I've read the other posts on seal stretches but just want to make sure I understand the scaling.  Like other newbies, my best seal looks like my hips are bending the wrong way.  It looks ever so slightly better if I stop worrying about keeping knees and heels together and let my legs come apart so feet are a little less than shoulder width.  Would the correct scaling technique be to work on getting my hips down to the floor with legs apart, then bring legs together, then bring heels together?  And if so, when doing seal rocks, do I need to bring my legs together for the back tucked position or just keep them where they were for the seal?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Jessica,

That is a good way to scale don't worry about bringing them back together for the tucked portion of Seal Rock. Please also feel free to post a video so we can be sure of your execution. 

Jessica Webber

My first video post - let's hope this works.  

Seal Rock

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI jessica not bad, you seem to have tight hips flexor and quads, consider to add some daily light stretch for these 2 muscles.