This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 17, 2016 · 6 Replies · 76 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Been on step 4 (5?) - 4x24 for some time now and have had a hard time making 4x36 feasible, so I adjusted and have been working 6x24 as a middle step before going up in difficulty. Anyways, I'm not sure how to go about improving this. I do them three days a week (each time I do foundations) with a rest day between. I find that when doing the rocks at pace with the follow-along video I either don't set up my hollow hold and then I am off for the entire set, my neck cramps, or I'm rocking too high. Insights are welcome because I want to progress on this but it's not going anywhere. As for the iM, I'm sucking in the stomach as I push up, my biceps/chest see the be the limiting factor (specifically my right arm, but that's been the case since I started Foundation -- it still gives me a lot of issue with H1 and shoulder flexion).

 
Alessandro Mainente

The reason of your difficulty it is that you are not holding the isometric position and then rocking, you are loosing and catching everytime the hollow position and this leads to more energy consumption.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
27 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The reason of your difficulty it is that you are not holding the isometric position and then rocking, you are loosing and catching everytime the hollow position and this leads to more energy consumption.

So how should I go about remedying this?

Trevor Lewis

You could do what I did and go back a few steps and focus on just maintaining the rigidity, distance from forehead to knees, and maintaining hip angle cues. Keep filming yourself and work on a diff cue at a time and see how it affects the result. 

Alessandro Mainente

A good way it is to reach the hollow hold then while rocking push with the hands against the knees and with the knees against the hands, if you loose the tension the knees will move.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

A good way it is to reach the hollow hold then while rocking push with the hands against the knees and with the knees against the hands, if you loose the tension the knees will move.

 

Hollow hold as in PE6? Or to simply ensure that I have the same hip/hollow angle by keeping my arm/knees in contact throughout FL/PE2?

Alessandro Mainente

no hollow hold like PE1.