This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is foundation one enough?

Started by Christopher Mattson, December 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 298 Views

Christopher Mattson

I'm starting foundation one Monday. Coming from crossfit is it enough? Or have you added some type of cardio with it?

Everett Carroll

Hey Christopher, 

Adding some cardio to your routine is a great idea. The answer to how much each week depends completely on your goals. I have found that 5-15 miles of running each week increases my recovery and also helps with some of my other interests like climbing and hiking. More than that can put me over the edge. How much weekly cardio are you currently used to (in minutes)?

Jon Douglas

Mark Collins has posted a fair bit on coming from Crossfit to GST programming, you may find his posts helpful :)

Hayden Gladstone

Completely depends on your goals. Try the program out, see how things go for a couple of weeks and then reassess.

Christopher Mattson

Thanks for the replies - I currently do around 2 hours of cardio per week (either rowing or running)

 

I'll skip cardio this week and focus solely on foundations one and see how it goes.