Dear Coach/ gymnastic bodies members,
Is it ok to use training gloves for the vertical pike walk?
I don't need gloves nor chalk for any other exercise, but i'm not able to finish one pike walk without slipping...
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Christopher Walther, December 17, 2016 · 2 Replies · 81 Views
Dear Coach/ gymnastic bodies members,
Is it ok to use training gloves for the vertical pike walk?
I don't need gloves nor chalk for any other exercise, but i'm not able to finish one pike walk without slipping...
Thanks!
Hey Christopher,
Have you tried using chalk? Also, are you performing these on an apparatus other than stahl bars?
If you are training these on a slippery piece of playground equipment or railing, then I completely understand using gloves. It is useful to get your grip strength and skin used to hanging on to the stahl bar rungs without too much aide but some equipment modifications are not grip friendly, especially once you start to sweat.
I have used gloves for some outdoor exercises, especially on weatherproof paint which is very hard on the hands.
For all indoor (non-swinging) exercises chalk should be sufficient in my experience ![]()