This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 iM Form Check

Started by Natawat Thanomsat, December 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 55 Views

Natawat Thanomsat

Here's my sPL PE1>iM (Swivel Hips) Form Check

For the sake of mastery, is it necessary to glue my sitz bone to the floor throughout the exercise?

I do realize that my sitz bone is lifted off the floor when I internally rotate my femur.  My right leg has more range of motion than my left, though.  I filmed both front and side view to let you see my back, which I tried my best to let it arch a bit.

Thank you.
NT

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi NT,

Thank you for sending in your videos. You are doing a pretty good job. Your feet are at a good distance apart. Like you said, the gluts should stay on the ground during this exercise. As you drop your legs, your gluts are coming off of the ground resulting in rotation of the pelvis. This takes away from the stretch in the hips. Keep working on this mobility until you can successfully to it while leaving the gluts down.

Natawat Thanomsat

Thank you very much for your feedback.  I'll go practice some more. :)