This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS pe/1 tripod headstand progress

Started by Leigh Kettle, December 16, 2016 · 5 Replies · 189 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

im currently unable to progress to HS pe/2 due to me continually failing the mobility of the seated shoulder flexion exercise (unable to get to 180 deg with forward lean) so the PE part is always 5x60s tripod headstand . I can do this easily but I understand that I shouldn't move on until my mobility is mastered which is cool.

So my question is should I still do the 5x60 headstand every handstand session or would my time be better spent on working more of the flexion mobility to get that up to speed and  if so is there anything supplementary you could recommend to me

if I must keep doing the tripod headstand that I've mastered every session am I missing why this would still be beneficial!? 

many thanks 

Leigh 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes you have to maintain the actual PE progress. Have you ever consider to add the TB stretch seris to your training?

Leigh Kettle
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes you have to maintain the actual PE progress. Have you ever consider to add the TB stretch seris to your training?

Hi alessandro

Yes I'm actually getting this as a Christmas present :-) 

 

Suzanna McGee
7 hours ago, Leigh Kettle said:

if I must keep doing the tripod headstand that I've mastered every session am I missing why this would still be beneficial!? 

Because you get really, REALLY, good at that :) the next progressions will feel easy… 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Leigh Kettle said:

Hi alessandro

Yes I'm actually getting this as a Christmas present :-) 

 

Nice idea!!

Leigh Kettle
12 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Because you get really, REALLY, good at that :) the next progressions will feel easy… 

Ha ha ok .well  At my current flexibility ill be world champion at this prep element :-)