Are there any major issues with breaking up the exercises throughout the day? I work right next to my workout space. Some days I would prefer to take a quick break each hour to do one of the seven strength and mobility exercise pairings to get my blood flowing rather than setting aside an hour to do all seven at once. If I do this often, would it significantly impact my progress in strength and/or mobility? Are there any other issues with breaking things up like this?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
doing one exercise per hour rather than all at once
Started by Tim Koelkebeck, December 15, 2016 · 16 Replies · 329 Views
Hi Tim, you can, but consider that as you became stronger you need a bit of warm up. consider for example that actually i need about 30 minutes to warm up, basically it means to spend 30 minutes multiple times a day, this is not the best solution.
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:......i need about 30 minutes to warm up,
Alessandro - thanks for that comment. Can you share your warm up routine? I've only been doing GB ( F1 and stretch series ) for a few weeks and use the Daily Limber to warm up, but feel like I need something more, especially if I work out in the morning. thanks.
Hey Ted,
For now, I suggest some light cardio for 5-10 minutes and then the daily limber. As you progress, you can begin to add in sets of previously mastered elements to your warmup. There is an article on warming up the in introduction section of your courses which describes exactly how to structure those previously mastered elements in your warmup.
3 hours ago, Ted Rarrick said:Alessandro - thanks for that comment. Can you share your warm up routine? I've only been doing GB ( F1 and stretch series ) for a few weeks and use the Daily Limber to warm up, but feel like I need something more, especially if I work out in the morning. thanks.
My warm up it is evaluated for my level, actually I think that only some students in the forum can handle what i'm using as a warm up. the only part I can share it is the general warm up and I can consider to make a video in the nearly future.
1 hour ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Ted,
For now, I suggest some light cardio for 5-10 minutes and then the daily limber. As you progress, you can begin to add in sets of previously mastered elements to your warmup. There is an article on warming up the in introduction section of your courses which describes exactly how to structure those previously mastered elements in your warmup.
Everett, can I ask where this warm up article is as I can't seem to locate it on my page
sorry if I've blatantly missed it
also the "daily limber" what is this?
Leigh
No worries Leigh.
-From your course dashboard, click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar
-Click 'Introduction'
-In the left menu bar, 'Warming Up' is the 6th link.
There is a wealth of information in the introduction section so enjoy!
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:No worries Leigh.
-From your course dashboard, click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar
-Click 'Introduction'
-In the left menu bar, 'Warming Up' is the 6th link.
There is a wealth of information in the introduction section so enjoy!
Ah wow Everett I've always clicked on the word fitness and never the arrow next to it so I've never seen all these sub sections
plenty of reading ahead :-)
many thanks
leigh
The only thing i still can't find Everett is this daily limber that I see people talking about
is this an exercise posted daily that we should be doing if so where is this ?
many thanks
Leigh
This is from Fundamentals course
5 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Ted,
For now, I suggest some light cardio for 5-10 minutes and then the daily limber. As you progress, you can begin to add in sets of previously mastered elements to your warmup. There is an article on warming up the in introduction section of your courses which describes exactly how to structure those previously mastered elements in your warmup.
Everett - thanks for this info!
would also take a look at Jon's comments in another thread about why it's important to do the exercise program as directed:
"Because those (1 min) rest periods are for max str, ie max effort.
Rest times like this are used for ring strength training when you are working at high % of maximum. At Foundation level you should not be working at this intensity. We are stacking volume, building mobility and joint prep at this stage. Overloading the muscles when you are using leverage as the method of increasing resistance is only possible when the frame can handle that leverage.
It may subjectively feel like you are at times, and some weak links may fail long before the structure is stressed, but provided each step is mastered correctly you should be working at the correct intensity."
Thanks Douglas! Here's the link to the full thread with Jon's comment for anyone interested:
20 hours ago, Tim Koelkebeck said:Are there any major issues with breaking up the exercises throughout the day?
I would suggest to do the program/exercises as directed, preferably. But if there is no other way that you can do it at times, better to do it your way than not at all ![]()
2 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:I would suggest to do the program/exercises as directed, preferably. But if there is no other way that you can do it at times, better to do it your way than not at all
This is my take too ![]()
As an aside, brave man up there asking for Ale's warmup! Too much for me ![]()
I really like the warm up performed in this video, I usually do everything except the pull up bar section because I don't have access to one in my current workout area.
Dorian - thanks for sharing the video. I can use many of the moves in the beginning part of the video but I think I will need to get better conditioned for some of them! That guy is in great shape. Good Inspiration for me!