This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling F1/H1

Started by Evan Donahue, December 15, 2016 · 10 Replies · 249 Views

Evan Donahue

Hello,

I just got the Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 courses that were recommended to me by email support. I am currently trying to figure out how to set up a workout schedule that incorporates both. The default "Coach Sommer's Recommended" schedule seems to add a lot of things I don't have access to, so I was wondering if it made sense to replace those with repeats from the F1 or H1 courses. If so, how should I go about figuring out how many of each to put on which days? I have seen some advice on the forums to just do what fits my schedule or feels ok, but since all my previous conditioning has been through athletics, I am unused to making progression-based workout schedules, and I'm a bit uncertain how to tell what makes sense. I'm sure I could do every exercise every day, at least for these early motions, but I don't know if that might be suboptimal from a training or injury standpoint. Assuming my schedule is flexible enough to do as much or as little per day as would create the best progression in the long run, how should I attack figuring out what that schedule should be? Any thoughts or pointers would be much appreciated. I really like the look of the material, and hopefully I can figure out how to use it properly without too much trouble.

 

Thank you,

Evan

 

PS, the first F1 lower body workout was just 3 sets of 3 reps of 3 exercises, and only took a few minutes. Is that just because it was starting easy, or is that only part of the lower body work out, and should I be adding in other things? Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Evan, welcome to GB.

Well yes at the beginning the perceived effort of some exercise it can be easy, you can simply click on the "easy"smiley face.

For the rest I can give you a good solution if you tell me something more about you like how many days you can train and for how much time. this is quite relevant.

Evan Donahue

Hi, thanks for the reply.

 

My schedule is pretty flexible right now, so I can train every day if that would be useful. I figured on maybe doing an hour give or take, but I have plenty of time. I would be curious about what would be the optimal plan if time was not an issue, and then maybe see if that works, or if I'd need to back it off from there.

 

Thanks,

Evan

Alessandro Mainente

Said that if you have F1/H1 I can suggest you this work:

mon: upper + core

tue: lower + H1

wen: rest

thur: upper + core

frid:lower + H1

sat: rest

sund: rest

Evan Donahue

I will try that. Thank you.

Jon Douglas

I am doing close to this schedule, with some modifications for my strengths and weaknesses. It can take you a long way :)

Evan Donahue

Hi Jon,

Would you mind saying anything about how you identified your strengths and weaknesses, and how you adapted your training to cater to them?

 

Thanks,

Evan

Alessandro Mainente

You easily find them by training one type of workout a week. after 3-4 week you will see where you actually have more weakness because the progress are not at the same level of other elements.

Evan Donahue

Makes sense. I think I have found a few of those already. Did you then add more workouts targeting those?

Everett Carroll

It depends on the deficiencies. What areas are you lacking most in?

Jon Douglas

Well, I adjusted for shorter, more frequent strength and handstand sessions; devoted mobility sessions, post-F4 leg work; and scheduling around other commitments especially other physically intensive commitments :)  

For example getting my strength done in the early AM, allowing me an adequate rest before getting stuck into handstand, leg strength and mobility work in the afternoons as appropriate, depending on the session :)