Not sure if I progress too fast, but the new course features (no more smileys on F2) led me to this one. How does it look?
Thanks for the feedback!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, December 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 128 Views
Not sure if I progress too fast, but the new course features (no more smileys on F2) led me to this one. How does it look?
Thanks for the feedback!
Nice, you are strong! I would say, slow down on a negative a bit, this will also help you to not lose your L position. Second thing would be - and I can be totaly wrong on this one - but I try to go up and down in a as straigh line as possible, trying to minimize the lean back, since I noticed that I lean back because going straight up is harder and I want to cheat.
In my opinion, for mastery, this should look a bit smoother, but great job, you are strong, I am impressed ![]()
Hey Jin!
Matic is right in that a slightly slower, more controlled decent will help you maintain a better L. You never want your feet to drop below your hips.
Thanks @Matic Balantic and @Everett Carroll. I agree I need to slow down the descent and straighten the back more. I used to cheat pull ups quite a bit (without even realizing it). Doing GST has definitely been an eye opener, and I also think my shoulders got more mobile and stronger ![]()
Got a question that I meant to ask earlier, but thought it may not be relevant to the chin up. Then after doing a little digging, it's probably worth asking: my lower back is pretty rounded in the video. Does that affect the mastery for this element? For the L sit progression in the future: should a good L sit, whether hanging or on the floor, always have a straight back?
Hey Jin,
I think you are okay. Cole has some great advice in this thread:
Thanks @Everett Carroll ! I saw the same post too, and it does have some very good advice there. That was also why I wondered if what was discussed there should also apply to a hanging L sit. Thanks for the clarification.
Did some more L sit chin up today and tried to control the descent more. But can't seem to get rid of that annoying swing at the bottom. That little bit of distance takes lots of mental focus! Relaxing the shoulders seem to relax my focus as well, lol