This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trx instead of rings.

Started by Adrian Garcia Mendez, December 13, 2016 · 9 Replies · 251 Views

Adrian Garcia Mendez

Hello there, just started the foundation course and I am loving it! I have a question regarding upper body training. For the moment I don't have rings or a place where I could potentially anchor them so I started the program doing the incline rows with a trx anchored on a door. I suppose is not the same but it is the only option I have for now. My question is which modification regarding body position should I do in order to do the incline rows properly? (or is it not possible?)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Adrian Garcia Mendez,

Based from my experience, I have used Jungle Gym Suspension Trainer before when I have no access to Rings. Initially you can you use that but you need to get Rings asap since the two are worlds apart in terms of difficulty level. :lol:

Everett Carroll

That setup should be fine Adrian. Post a video if you're in doubt.

Marcus Ramtohul

Hey guys,

Thanks for the post and replies.

I have neither of these (TRX or rings) - is there a good alternative until I get some rings?

Also, I'm UK based an workout at home - can anyone recommend a good (and affordable) ring set for home please?

M :)

Adrian Garcia Mendez

Thank you Everett and Leo, I'll post a video or picture if I have any problems, I'll also keep trying to find a space for the rings.  

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Marcus Ramtohul said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the post and replies.

I have neither of these (TRX or rings) - is there a good alternative until I get some rings?

Also, I'm UK based an workout at home - can anyone recommend a good (and affordable) ring set for home please?

M :)

hi Marcus, unfortunately an horizontal grip it is needed for the beginning of foudations 1. a rope with 2 handles can be a substitution.

Tony Johnson

I'm only 6 weeks in to F1 and have been using TRX with the door strap for the rows, I've just purchased rings and have done the first workout with them.  I definitely felt a difference in emphasis with the slightly different motion, it felt much more upper back so I'm going to try to use them as much as possible.  I travel for a living and it's not always possible to find a place to hang rings, so the TRX scores for versatility.  I'm in the UK too and here's a link to the ring set I bought.  They seem solid to me but bear in mind I'm a total beginner!

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013TBW8BU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

regards,

Tony.

Marcus Ramtohul
20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hi Marcus, unfortunately an horizontal grip it is needed for the beginning of foudations 1. a rope with 2 handles can be a substitution.

 

20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hi Marcus, unfortunately an horizontal grip it is needed for the beginning of foudations 1. a rope with 2 handles can be a substitution.

No worries - I will purchase some rings!

Marcus Ramtohul
6 hours ago, Tony Johnson said:

I'm only 6 weeks in to F1 and have been using TRX with the door strap for the rows, I've just purchased rings and have done the first workout with them.  I definitely felt a difference in emphasis with the slightly different motion, it felt much more upper back so I'm going to try to use them as much as possible.  I travel for a living and it's not always possible to find a place to hang rings, so the TRX scores for versatility.  I'm in the UK too and here's a link to the ring set I bought.  They seem solid to me but bear in mind I'm a total beginner!

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013TBW8BU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

regards,

Tony.

Thanks Tony!

I've just bought these - will arrive next week. Reviews seem good enough.

M :)

Tony Johnson

You're welcome, enjoy!

 

T