This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

weighted bar and exercise ball specs

Started by George Chung, December 13, 2016 · 3 Replies · 106 Views

George Chung

Some of the mobility exercises require a weighted bar and an exercise ball. About how much should the bar weigh and what's a good diameter for the ball?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @George Chung, 

As for the bar, I would suggest a dowel (wooden stick or pvc pipe) wherein you can insert small plates in it. 

As for the ball, can you clarify which ball are you pertaining to?

George Chung
5 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @George Chung, 

As for the bar, I would suggest a dowel (wooden stick or pvc pipe) wherein you can insert small plates in it. 

As for the ball, can you clarify which ball are you pertaining to?

Oh, just that inflatable ball for some of the thoracic mobility moves. They come in various diameters on Amazon. Just wondering if there was a standard size. Thanks!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @George Chung, 

Thanks for your clarification. I think the best for 5'5 - 5'11 height is the 65cm ball height. This is the one I am using :)