This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming

Started by Alex Hurley, December 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 221 Views

Alex Hurley

Hi all, 

I'm trying to find the perfect balance for programming but finding it difficult and would appreciate some suggestions.

My current aim is:

M=core and upper

T=H1, middle split focus

W=rest

T=core and upper

F=H1, side split focus

S&S=rest.

 

My mobility would either come post session or on an evening in the living room. 

However, as things as progressively becoming more challenging by the time I've completed my core session, my form is deteriorating early when I'm on my upper session so I squeeze it in during the week at some point when Im more fresh. 

I've considered reducing my training frequency to :

M=core and upper

T=rest/mobility

W=H1

T=rest/mobility

F=core and upper 

S&S=complete rest/yoga

 

then the following week

 

M=H1

T=rest/mobility

W=core and upper 

T=rest/mobility

F=H1

S&S=complete rest/yoga

 

If anyone has any suggestions I'd welcome it. 

Thanks in advance, 

Alex 

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Work with what fits your schedule and abilities at the moment. Depending on previous body conditioning experience some people start off with more than you and others start with less. You can always follow Coach Sommer's recommended schedule to allow your body time to adapt to the workload while being consistent.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alex,

Like Rayne-William said, the most important thing is that you are getting you work done. As long as your schedule gives your body adequate time to rest and recover, you are on the right track. Either schedule you proposed looks as though it could be beneficial. Like Rayne-William, I would also suggest taking a look at Coach Sommer's recommended schedule.

Greg White

Hi Alex,

Are you intentionally not including the F1 Lower Body exercise?

Alex Hurley

Thanks guys, 

Hi Greg, yeah I'm missing it out intentionally and prioritizing my mobility. I've got through PE6 for SLS and it didn't really trouble me too much so when I get to F2 I'll be looking to integrate it. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alex, unfortunately Greg pointed out something too important. locomotion of the lower limbs it is so important, i will cite you some point which can be limited in case of missing the F1 lower body workout:

-limited improvements on planche development especially on F2 due to F1 lack of IM's on legs

-limited conditioning of anterior hips capsule and limitation on SLS development

-limited adductor/groin preparation for future SLS exercise

-not enough stability of the ankles due to poor external calves conditioning (like twisting squats).

enough for you?

Alex Hurley

Like I said, I got through PE6 with no issues and when the rest of me catches up then I will integrate it with F2.

I'm not one to skip a leg session and 100% understand the importance of lower limb training. 

I'm just trying to prioritize my weak points.