This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP-PE3 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, December 12, 2016 · 4 Replies · 154 Views

Josh Shaw

Man these are tough.  I know I need to work on these longer to get my endurance up and my form more consistent.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

You are looking okay on this one. On this exercise I would also like to see the hands closer to the hips as you do your push-ups. I recommend going back to step 1 for this exercise until you can lean more on your push-ups.

On your iM, your tempo is a little bit too fast. It looks like you are swinging the weight rather than lifting it. I recommend dropping weight a bit so that you can focus more on positioning. As you lift, your arm should be in shoulder extension. As your hand gets near the top of the movement (by the ear) you should rotate the shoulder to shoulder flexion to lower the weight.

Sean Murphey

Needs more forearm angle at the bottom of the position.

Josh Shaw

It's been a while since my last form check on this.  After taking a bit of time off to recover from a flare-up of an old back injury, I went back and spent some more time on PE1 and PE2 before getting back into PE3.  I've been at this one for a month or two now.  I still have at least a few more weeks until step 9, but I think these are much better than before.  At the very least, I'm getting more comfortable with more lean, getting my hips much closer to my hands at the bottom. 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

It's great to see that you are back at it. Overall things look pretty good. You are losing some protraction at the top of your PPP. As you get tired you start to pick up a small pike in the hips at the bottom of your push ups. On your iM try to keep your head in a more neutral position. Avoid ducking your chin to your chest.

Can you also post a side view of your iM?