This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, December 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 163 Views

Josh Shaw

I've been working on this one for a while, but I had a disc injury, so I took some time off and I've been very cautious and conservative both in progressing through the steps and in progressing ROM on both the PE and the iM. 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Way to get after it! Also, it was very smart to back off and be conservative to give your back a chance to heal.

Your PE looks pretty good. I would like to see more compression at the top of each rep (torso and legs higher). This will come with a bit more practice. Remember to keep the knees locked.

On your iM you are doing a nice job of curling each vertebrae in your back. Towards the end of your set, the lower thoracic/lumber spine begins to flatten out and does not have enough curl. Keep taking it slow and work curling the back throughout your entire set.

Josh Shaw

I've been keeping the progress slow and steady, repeating steps and/or taking microsteps (+1 rep jumps instead of +3).  I'm getting a little more compression at the top, and knees a bit straighter.  I am actively flexing my quads to try to keep them as straight as possible, but I still wind up with just a little bit of knee flexion.

On the iM, progress is slow, but my range of motion is increasing little by little.  I also see improvement in curling each vertebrae throughout the whole set.

I'm not sure if I'm quite at mastery yet, but regardless I'm still planning to keep these going for at least another couple weeks.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Awesome improvement!

You are doing a much better job of getting compressed at the top of each rep on your straddle-up. Like you said, you still have a bit of bend in the knees, but it's looking great. Keep working on pausing for a moment at the top of each rep.

Your iM looks nice. You are doing a good job of curling each vertebrae in your back. You are almost low enough at the bottom of this exercise. You goal is to get your wrists at or below your feet.

Way to get after it! Congrats on your improvement!

Alessandro Mainente

The goal here it is to reach with the hands on the floor exactly in front of the groin, this ensure a decent amount of upper body lift. also the legs must be held together in between the reps and every reps begin and finish with legs touching the floor.

Josh Shaw

@Jeffrey Bittner and @Alessandro Mainente thanks for the feedback.  I'll keep working.  When I did them yesterday, I tried to touch the floor and pause at the top, that made them a bit tougher, so I took it back a step.  I might drop a few more steps to work on quality vs quantity.  

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Great idea! Way to train smart. Looking forward to seeing your improvement!