This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I follow F1 or Coach Sommers recommended schedule?

Started by Harsh Batra, December 12, 2016 · 1 Replies · 228 Views

Harsh Batra

Hi guys and gals,

I have started to get going. The need for equipment had kept on delaying my start. Now that I have started, I noticed that a bunch of other movements are recommended. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 10.25.21 AM.png

My initial advice in the community was just to do Foundation 1. When I selected Coach Sommers recommended workout schedule, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 10.28.58 AM.png

QUESTION 1 - if this is recommended, is there a bundle that covers this all or do I need to buy each one individually?

QUESTION 2 - If it is still recommended that I finish F1 first, what should be the recommended weekly schedule like? For example, Monday - Core, Tuesday - Lower, Wednesday - Upper? or Monday - Core, Wednesday - Lower, Friday - Upper?

QUESTION 3 - I have now got rings. I see a light dumbbell is also required. Is there anything else I should buy in advance so that I am ready when I reach that stage of the course?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Harsh

1)you can buy multiple courses in the bundle which is showed in this page

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/training/

if the combination you are searching for it is not presented maybe it is necessary to buy them separately.

2) the schedule is is up on you. if you can train twice a week you can  do all the exercise twice a week or split into 2 parts. if you can 3 times a week you would do 2 times the upper body and one time the lower. if you can 4 times I would do 2 and 2 in this way: upper, lower+core, rest, upper, lower+core, rest, rest.

3) a stall bar it is highly recommended.