I have been doing F7 twice a week for the last 10 weeks or so. I am loving the training programme and have managed to progress to PE2 on a couple of exercises. Throughout this time I have done lower, upper then core. Today for some reason I did core before upper and it was noticeably easier because of the simple fact that it isn't pre fatigue from all the stabilisation work in the upper body exercises, and I could of probably moved onto the next step in all the exercises. I also noticed today that the core exercises had progressed the least. If I did core before upper I would expect to see my core exercises progresses quicker than my upper body exercises. It also struck me that if I ended up doing them on separate days I would see more progress steps wise but maybe not as much progression in actual strength. I am basically going to continue doing F7 until I reach PE2 in all the exercises and then start splitting them up to different days at that stage trying to follow Jons template. At that stage I will probably add handstand stuff to my routine. I am not trying to take any shortcuts I am just thinking out loud and would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on it and how they approach it. Do you follow the same structure every time you train or do you mix it up? Is there an optimal way to structure the order if the exercises?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
F7
Started by Joshua Hibbert, December 11, 2016 · 10 Replies · 251 Views
switch it up however you like. It's not cheating. I think you'll find, though, as your work capacity improves you won't notice this differential any longer.
I mix and try everything, except training Front Lever and Manna progression in the same workout. I never ever do that. That would absolutely kill me. FL and MN is where I progress the less even working them separately. Maybe in the future I ll be able to do it, but certainly not at this stage.
My current training is:
A - HBP, RC, SLS and MN.
B - SPL, FL, SL and Single Calf Raises (added by me)
Each week I do 3 workouts: A-B-A, B-A-B, and so on. I also do it in the order I wrote them. I add warmup and extra strecht and mobility in each workout, so it takes an hour per workout.
I also do F7 and switch the order, depending where in the gym I am and where there is a free bench/mat or whatever I need. Sometimes I do push-ups before the hollow body rocks, sometimes after and it definitely feels different each time. You "suffer" more or less each time on different exercise, which I think will give a nice variety to the "same" workout.
What exactly is F7?
Great question Joshua,
As long as you are completing all of the availble workouts each week at least once, then you're set to go. How you mix and match is completely up to you and all will balance out by the end of F4 ![]()
@Henning Blom 243536 F7 is just shorthand for the the combination of Core, Upper Body, and Lower Body Foundation workouts.
I'm also doing the F7's twice a week. I'd never considered switching the order (I've been doing Core. Lower. Upper. since I started this past Fall).
However, with the recent change in the interface, one or two of the exercises within one or two categories has changed, in order. And I've definitely noticed how easily I could complete each exercise definitely changed, due to my fatigue.
So yeah, I totally get what you're saying, @Joshua Hibbert!
You can do the workouts however and how many times you want per week, so long as you do them each week.
17 hours ago, Henning Blom 243536 said:
Thanks for everyone's input, it has been interesting to read. I think part of the question was based on trying to progress through the steps quicker so it feels like I am doing better. I have to keep reminding my ego that the focus should be quality and consistency each week and not my perceived progress on the computer screen.
1 hour ago, Joshua Hibbert said:I have to keep reminding my ego that the focus should be quality and consistency each week and not my perceived progress on the computer screen.
Well said!