This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE 1

Started by Ryan Segervall, December 11, 2016 · 34 Replies · 655 Views

Ryan Segervall

here is 4x24 with much less flexion in the spine. was aiming for shoulder blades just off the floor. 

I think I found a weak link in the chain and a answer to all of my issues with being stuck on this. the last set of 4x24s was actually surprisingly tough and felt my lower abs really begin to fatigue in the final seconds. I am going to hang out at 4x24s until a period of underload is achieved. 

Leo Trinidad

Very nice @Ryan Segervall. Keep working on it. :)

Ryan Segervall

 

alright after about a year of struggling with this I was finally able to achieve mastery volume. Hands are placed on core during portions of the sets to work on breathing ( expanding through obliques rather than the midline) 

 

Let me know how this looks and if im finally ready to move onto FL PE2

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ryan, as you noticed there is too much flexion on the spine BUT also on the neck.

You can consider to master first an intermediate step of 4x30 sec.

Ryan Segervall
18 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Ryan, as you noticed there is too much flexion on the spine BUT also on the neck.

You can consider to master first an intermediate step of 4x30 sec.

You are totally correct on this. That is my error on forgetting about what was mentioned up above. I will try again next week with less flexion of spine and neck and see how things go. 

Ryan Segervall

I was able to get 5x60 with this form but the video cut out for some reason. I will stay at 5x60 for another week and try to get the whole thing on film. 

Let me know if this is proper technique for this

 

thanks!

Everett Carroll

I'd like to see your knees come out a little further, Ryan, just to make it a little harder on ya ;)

Ryan Segervall
3 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

I'd like to see your knees come out a little further, Ryan, just to make it a little harder on ya ;)

Ahh your killing me! I'll try again next week :) 

Ryan Segervall

 so this was forsure harder, but I was able to squeeze it out. Let me know if you want me to stay here or progress onwards to PE2 @Everett Carroll

Everett Carroll

Nice Ryan, great job! Go ahead and advance.