This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Playing around with Planche lean

Started by Johan Tideland, December 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 117 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, I am not at this progression yet, I just wanted to try out and play around with the Planche lean for a few min after my workout.

I just want to know how my form is, I was quite surprised personally because I thought I did pretty good.

there are 2 short videos and one pic of what I think was my best lean.

WIN_20161211_15_21_31_Pro.jpg

Vid 1 https://youtu.be/hRHT8rOTibU

Vid 2 https://youtu.be/E_DoTe6Lt6o

I am actually at PE1 still due to my swivel hips not being good enough yet but I have to say that I am very surprised that I can do this since I have not trained the planche lean at all, only scapular shrugs and when I started with foundation I tried to do a planche lean but I could not do any lean at all.

Johan

Everett Carroll

Hey Johan,

There are a couple of small things (press hips forward slightly and more protraction in first video) but overall your lean is coming along nicely. Stay focused on your current sPL progression and don't worry too much about modifying the lean right now. By the time you get there, those details will be ironed out as you're clearly working hard. Keep at it!

Johan Tideland

Thanks Everett, I will focus on this more when I get to this progression, I was merely playing around and sort of discovered that I could do this.

JOhan

Petri Widsten

Also you don't want friction to help you so put your feet on furniture sliders, a Frisbee or similar that slides easily on your training surface.

Suzanna McGee
2 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Also you don't want friction to help you so put your feet on furniture sliders, a Frisbee or similar that slides easily on your training surface.

Oh poop… I like my friction!!! (I am on the this element too). I actually did it in my socks on a slippery mat today, and oh man. I do like my friction :)