This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unable to press into elevated bridge

Started by Enzo Vullo, December 11, 2016 · 5 Replies · 157 Views

Enzo Vullo

Hi, I am unable to press into elevated bridge. I am currently post on my head instead and hold the position (I wrestle do I have a strong neck).

Can anyone suggest any way of me developing the strength and/or mobility to press into a bridge?

I can press and hold a bridge from flat for 1 second.

thank you for your time in advance 

Enzo

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

have you tried to kick from an handstand and after lower down the feet?

then form bridge you can do a negative push up, then kick back again (this in order to build up the strength for the push up).

Coach Sommer

Hello Enzo,

Unlike pursuing flexibility along, strength is also an essential component of mobility work.  Where are you in your HBP Foundations training?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Enzo Vullo

Thanks for the replies Alessandro and Coach Sommer.

i am at pe2 in the hbp foundation training. 

Alessandro Mainente

This can explain partially the problem. bridge has a vertical pressing component, I think that completing F1 can give a good basic strength to fill the gap on the bridge exercise.

Petri Widsten
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This can explain partially the problem. bridge has a vertical pressing component, I think that completing F1 can give a good basic strength to fill the gap on the bridge exercise.

I think the problem for many is that you initially need shoulder strength to push off the floor while F1 and 2 develop mainly triceps and chest strength and the shoulder-heavy pressing starts in F3.