Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9aGY3RFZQU1kwdmc
Thanks,
George
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by George Traganidas 235308, December 11, 2016 · 17 Replies · 149 Views
Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9aGY3RFZQU1kwdmc
Thanks,
George
Hi George,
For the PE:
-Be sure to keep your hip angle the same. On the way back you were flicking your knees inward, which generates extra momentum and makes the exercise much easier.
For the iM:
-Your form is good. Just be sure to remain here until your hips are level with your shoulders.
Thanks for the feedback.
I am still trying to get my head around the mechanics of this exercise. For the body to rock, something must be providing the force since there can be no perpetual movement without a force. What is supplying the force to keep rocking? I am trying to keep my knees/legs from moving, but I am afraid that something else is moving now ![]()
Can you please explain to me the mechanics/physics of this move?
Hey George,
Your core contracting is providing the force. Feel free to post an updated form check now that you've been focusing on keeping knee and hip angles the same. This one can be tough to pick up at first because it is pretty neurologically challenging.
Can you please provide me with feedback.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9NFdHb3c4d29Md3M
Regards,
George
Hi George,
Nice improvement. Your knee and hip angle look much better. Keep working on holding the head still as you rock. On your iM I would like to see the hips come up a bit higher. Keep working hard!
What do you mean that the hips should come higher?
Sorry, got it. Thanks for the feedback.
Hey George,
2 minutes ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:hips should come higher
This means use your glutes to press your hips up. Eventually we wan't them level with your shoulders. Also for the iM turn your fingertips backwards (180 degree turn from how they are in the video).
What is the difference between the fingertips pointing towards the toes and them pointing backwards? Why do you want backwards? When I point them forward I fee a big stretch at my triceps and I find it a harder version.
Good question George. Fingertips backwards is a more stable position for your shoulders. That is the externally rotated position and is both healthier long term and will better prepare you for Manna.
On 12/10/2016 at 9:11 PM, Everett Carroll said:Hi George,
For the PE:
-Be sure to keep your hip angle the same. On the way back you were flicking your knees inward, which generates extra momentum and makes the exercise much easier.
For the iM:
-Your form is good. Just be sure to remain here until your hips are level with your shoulders.
My form is very similar for the iM (I need to get my hips higher). When you say to "remain here" until this occurs, you mean to continue selecting "failed mobility", correct? Thanks!
If your iM needs work but the strength portion of the workout was no problem then yes, "failed mobility" should be selected.
Thanks for the feedback. A lot of the times I do not understand why certain moves are performed the way they are in the videos, because I am missing the big picture. I used to do them another way my whole life and changing them is hard. But change them I must, now that I understand why. Thanks again.
No problem George!
34 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:If your iM needs work but the strength portion of the workout was no problem then yes, "failed mobility" should be selected.
If you select "failed mobility" because of the iM element, does the strength element automatically get selected as "easy"? What would you select, if the strength element was "fine" (so you want to stay here), but you also failed the mobility?
Too Easy moves your PE up to step 4, 7, 9, or step 1 of the next progression.
Easy moves your PE up to the next step.
Fine leaves your PE at the same step.
Too Hard moves your PE down one step.
Failed Mobility advances your PE one step UNLESS you are on step 9.
2 hours ago, Robert Lopez said:What would you select, if the strength element was "fine" (so you want to stay here), but you also failed the mobility?
For this scenario, you could select Fine or Failed mobility for steps 1-8. If this scenario arises and you are on step 9, you would need to select Failed Mobility to prevent advancing to the next progression prematurely.