This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3&IM

Started by Logan Brown 171552, December 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 43 Views

Logan Brown 171552

Hi Coaches,

Just want to check in on my SLS as well.  I was trying to follow along with the video & this was my last set at the 4x8 rep stage I believe.  I've been working all my flexibility through the stretch courses actively but wanted to check in on the progress of the form & depth of mainly the PE.  Any tips on my IM also great to have to keep my mind on as I practice.  

Thanks in advance, 

Logan Brown

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Logan,

Good to see that you're working hard. On your PE I would like to see depression. Your gluts should be just off the floor at the bottom of each rep. It looks like part of your issue is your ankle flexibility. The stretches in the Front Split series will help with this, but I recommend working some other ankle mobility a few times a day.

Your iM looks good. I would like to see a larger circle with the leg, but your form is looking good. Nice work!

Logan Brown 171552

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner!  I really appreciate the feedback, I'll keep up with the front split series and have been actively doing the Achilles kneeling stretch several times a week already trying to work this rom and have been spending time at the bottom of my squat.  I can bump up the Achilles stretches I'm leveraging from front splits, in terms of adding other ankle mobility exercises do you have any specific exercises?  

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Logan,

The SLS>iM's from F2 as well as SLS/PE5>iM are great for general ankle mobility. Spending time in your deepest squat position will also hep tremendously with your ankle ROM.

Logan Brown 171552

Thanks for the reply and information @Everett Carroll, it's appreciated.  I'll mix all these IMs into my training :) Can't wait to look them up!!